Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Video

About 3 weeks ago, my employer was helping a coworker with Google and described it as "Library 2.0." At that time, I did not fully understand what she was talking about but did watch and learn from what was happening. Now that I am doing this exercise, it suddenly is clear and has meaning. We have some l2 happening right now with our staff--blogs are set up, work schedules are on the google calendars, webmail for the e-mail, and I find myself checking these things from home and making the time to check them! I do, however, feel that it is important to remember our patrons and make time for them, too. I personally would not be pleased if we have what is so common today when you call a place of business---voice mail jail--press 1 for that 2 for this etc. We need to be respectful of patrons and still be personable.

No comments: